Thursday, February 16

Happy Valentine's Day

I tried so hard to get a good picture of the girls in their cute Valentine outfits.

They wouldn't keep their bracelets on.
Morley didn't want to stand up.
Wrigley wanted to walk to me every time I stood her up.

I gave up & tried again later at my parents' house with the help of Maggie & my mom.

It didn't go much better. They were too distracted by EVERYTHING.
They are sure busy busy busy. But I love it.

Our Valentine's Day didn't go quite as planned but it was still a good day. Melinda was done with school at noon so she & the girls & I went shopping for a couple hours. My mom has a Valentine's Day dinner every year for the family so those were our plans for that night. But while we were shopping my mom called & said we would have to put it off until the next night because Matthew had to go have a CT scan that evening.
 He was playing basketball at lunch and some kid was messing around & did a front handspring with the basketball and kicked Matthew right in the face. He got knocked out & got a concussion. It was his second concussion in less than a year, which is why the doctor ordered the CT scan. Also because he doesn't remember any of it. He remembers playing basketball and then the next thing he remembers is standing in the office at the school. Anyway, he had the CT scan & there is no bleeding in his brain. Yay!

Since our Valentine plans were cancelled Jeff & I & the girls went to Costa Vida for dinner.
After we put the girls to bed we watched Moneyball. I liked it. It was a good day.

The girls got a few Valentine's gifts. These cute little stuffed animals & animal books are from Mike. And Jeff & I got them a farm animals puzzle & this stacking toy. 

Mike also gave us a box of cupcakes from The Sweet Tooth Fairy! Yum! And he gave me a gift certificate to a spa! :)

Oh! I almost forgot. Our Valentine toes :)

1 comment:

Jaime Stephens said...

Too cute! Where are the girls pants from with those buttons on there? Glad your brother (?) is okay! And, I am laughing because it really is impossible to take a picture of the twins at this age! I am jealous your girls keep there bows on!