Thursday, May 20

BIG day!

Sunday, May 9th was a SUPER special day for us!
Mother's Day!
Our one year anniversary!
Marshall's farewell!
It was a busy busy weekend!
I can't believe we have been married for a year!
I swear we just got married like 3 weeks ago ;)
I've gotta say, it has been a great year.
There is no one else I would want by my side for the rest of eternity.
We spent a lot of time at my parents house the first 2 weeks of May.
We had family here from out of town & had so much fun with them.
We were able to slip away Saturday night though to go to dinner to celebrate :)

P.S. I taught Benjamin this on Saturday!

Ha ha ha :)

Marshall gave an amazing talk on Sunday about mothers.
My favorite part was that he quoted a Backstreet Boys song in his talk :)

"It takes a lot to know what is love.

It's not the big things but the little things
that can mean enough.
A lot of prayers to get me through.
And there is never a day that passes by
I don't think of you.
You were always there for me.
Pushing me & guiding me
always to succeed.

God has been so good
Blessing me with the family
who did all they could.
And I've had many years of grace
And it flatters me when I see a smile on your face.
I wanna thank you for what you've done.
In hopes I can give back to you
And be the perfect son.

You showed me how to love.
You showed me how to care.
And showed me that you would always be there.
I wanna thank you for the time.
And I'm proud to say you're mine.

You showed me
when I was young just how to grow.
You showed me everything that I should know.
You showed me just how to walk without your hands.
'Cause mom, you always were the perfect fan."

The bishop stood up after & said he never thought he would
ever hear Backstreet Boys quoted in Sacrament Meeting :)

After Sacrament Meeting, about a million people came over to my parents house for lunch.







Pretty Aly :)






My mom wanted a picture of the whole family before Marsh left.

Hubs disappeared for a while & I found him snoozin on the couch.

It was so much fun to be around family & friends and sit & talk with some people I haven't
seen in a while.
Amy & Rodney wanted to come see our place while they were in town, so they came over
on Sunday afternoon.
Jacob absolutely loved seeing all the animals.
He even held a snake for a minute.
He wouldn't do it again for a picture, so this is the best we got.
I think his favorite part was feeding lettuce to Gordon.


We spent the rest of the evening at my parents house with lots of family
& invented a new game called "6 square" (instead of 4 square). SOOOOO funny!
Jeff had to get up early for work the next morning so went home to bed &
I stayed later.
When I got home this little message was on my pillow :)
(Sign language "I love you" & a hershey's kiss)
He's so sweet! :)

No comments: