Friday, April 24

A whole year

Jeff & I have been together a year. WOW! Crazy how fast time goes by. I've been looking at pictures to put on our wedding video and remembering a lot of great times :) And I decided I wanted to make a list of some of my memories of the past year.

*One of my very favorite memories is my Chicago trip last summer. I loved how excited he was to show me a little piece of his life. He took me to all his favorite places to eat. He showed me around the city. We went to a cubs game!

We spent a lot of time at the lake. He taught me how to wake board and ski :) He let me try over and over until i finally caught on. I'm addicted!


He took me fishing and I caught a fish for the very first time. Then made sure I didn't miss out on the "kissing your first fish" rule.

I think I really fell in love with him on this trip. Being able to meet his family & watch him interact with them. And getting to be a part of some of the things he loves most. I saw a side of him I had never seen before.

*Another thing I love about Jeff is how much he loves to surprise me. He loves to see how excited and anxious I get. In October we went to San Diego for Bridger's baby blessing. Saturday morning we got up and I asked what we were doing that day. He told me we were going to have surfing lessons, and I needed to wear a swimming suit. So, I dressed for the beach! (Since then I have learned to never believe him ;) We got in the car and drove...and drove...saw some beaches and drove some more. When we were pulling into the Sea World parking lot I realized what was going on. I'm quick, I know.


It ended up I really did need the swimsuit to swim with the whales :)

*Spending time with family has been a big part of the last year. My family and his. The first time he met any of my family, we took Melinda, Matthew & Maggie to Mcdonald's and bowling. He made it into a bet that whoever lost had to jump into the swimming pool with their clothes on. It was boys against girls...3 to 2...I'm not sure if he really thought it through. Anyway, we had 3 scores to add together so won by far. He and Matthew lost and jumped in the pool with their clothes on. I won, but somehow ended up being pushed in also.


I love that he gets along with my family and enjoys spending time with them.
We've also spent a lot of time with Jeff's cousin, Caitlin and her family. It's been so fun getting to know them. I love watching Jeff interact with her kids. They love him so much. I can't wait until we have kids of our own. He will be such a great daddy :)





I'm a lucky girl to have found such an amazing guy who loves me and treats me like a queen. I'm so much looking forward to spending forever with him.

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

Such cute pictures!!! I can't wait for you guys to go to Chicago with us this year. I've never heard of the "kiss your first fish rule." I'm sure Saxon will be more than willing though when he catches his first fish :) We love you guys!

Rowbury Family said...

Hey!!! I am so glad that you have blog! It will be so fun to stay in touch with you! I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. Good Luck with everything and just remember that the wedding plans won't matter once you are in the Temple and being sealed. There is nothing better! I'm so excited for you!!!!

Kate & The Girl's said...

You guys are such a cute couple. Congrats, you're lucky day is almost here

Holly said...

Hey, welcome to the blogging world! I love your blog!

Natalie said...

Your blog is adorable! And such cute pictures of you guys! I wrote this poem for you in preparation for your wedding.

Kisses are like salt water
The more you drink the more you thirst. -krishyi

Can't wait to see you!