Thursday, April 30

The Proposal

It was Monday night, February 2nd. Jeff asked if I wanted to go the park and swing. This sounds weird in the middle of winter, but I honestly thought nothing of it. I love to swing, and we have done it many times. I put on some sweats to stay warm and we went to the park. Jeff went to sit on a swing and stepped through some ice into a puddle and got his foot all wet. So, he sat on my lap :) There's a game he likes to play where he says a word and I start singing a line of a song that starts with that word, and I try to guess what song he is thinking of. So, we were sorta swinging and he started to play that game. He said "Romeo" and I started singing the "Love Story" song. Then he handed me a taco bell sauce packet...(also thought nothing of it because he likes to bring me funny ones he finds)...that said "Make a Wish". Then he told me to keep singing. I got to the part that says "...he knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring" and he got on his knee and pulled out a ring box. He opened it and inside was another taco bell packet that said "Will you marry me?" I looked at him and I think I said, "are you serious?" Oops! Wrong response ;) It seemed so unreal! I kept trying to make myself wake up! But then I said yes :) He had the ring on a chain around his neck, so then he took it off and put it on my finger. I don't think I stopped smiling for a week. And the first thing I did when I woke up the next morning was make sure the ring box was still on my nightstand so I knew it was real! :)

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

I still can't believe he used the taco bell packet, and I'm still glad that Saxon didn't give away the surprise :) We're so excited for you! It's already next week, do you need help?

Natalie said...

lol. that's way cute meg. I love the song game :)

Krista Kei said...

Are you serious?! How stinkin cute is that!! Congratulations Megan! You look gorgeous in your enagement pictures.

Holly said...

That is so awesome!