Saturday, August 4

4th of July

Finally!
We got a new laptop & I'm done with school for this semester so now hopefully I will be able to get all caught up on the blog.

I LOVE 4th of July. 
It's my very favorite holiday. 
We have been in Chicago over the 4th for the past 4 years so I was super excited to be home this year & take the girls to some of the things I always did around the 4th growing up. 

The hot air balloon launch is one of my favorites. We went the morning of the 3rd. You have to get there real early to see them take off. We got there a little after 6:00 am and they were just starting. 
The girls were so fascinated. 
Wrigley kept pointing to the balloons & saying, "up!" 








We ran into some friends who used to be in our ward. This is Lily who was in our primary class and has always loved the girls. She was so excited to see them! 



That evening after Jeff got off work, we went to Freedom Days in downtown Provo. 
We walked around and looked at all the booths and then shared a shake. 
I was letting the girls eat the whipped cream off the top. :)



Then we found some grass and let the girls run around until my family got there. Then we walked through it all again with them.


Morley finds dirt wherever we go.



On the morning of the 4th we went to the parade in downtown Provo. 
The girls were so good! And they really liked the parade. Every time a horse would go past Morley would start bouncing up & down on my lap and saying, "neigh, neigh!" The girl loves horses. 









 After the parade we took the girls home & gave them a nap. 
In the evening we went to my parents' house for a bbq.
The girls still love my parents' trampoline. 


 For some reason, Morley thought we were saying a prayer so she folded her arms. When Wrigley saw her, she folded her arms too. They are always making me laugh. 


Later we went back to Provo to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks from Kiwanis Park. 
We got there early & played tennis until it got dark. 
The girls had a blast chasing the tennis balls around. 



The girls were a little nervous when the fireworks first started but then weren't real interested. 
They just wanted to run around the park. 


They fell right to sleep when we put them in the car after leaving the park. 
It was a good day. 


No comments: