Wednesday, November 14

Nursing School

I applied for nursing school back in September and they told me I would find out the first week of November whether I got accepted or not. She said she'd send a letter in the mail and an email. I didn't hear anything from her the beginning of the week so while we were at Disneyland I was checking my phone constantly for an email. Especially on Friday because I figured she wouldn't send it out on Saturday. By the end of Friday I was a little bummed because I hadn't gotten an email from her. I wondered what that meant....if it could mean I didn't get accepted. I woke up Saturday morning and had 2 emails from her. The first one was apologizing that she didn't get the letter out sooner because their whole computer system had been down. The second email was the letter. My heart started pounding and I stared at it for a few minutes before I could open it. I was nervous! I was so happy when I finally opened it and it said I had been accepted! 


I have wanted to be a nurse for as long as I can remember. I regret not finishing school before I had kids but I'm happy to be doing it now. I don't think I would even be doing it now if it weren't for my mom encouraging me to and offering to watch the girls so I can. She brought up the point that it isn't going to get any easier the longer I wait, which is true. My life will probably only get busier as the years go by. I'm so grateful for my mom. It is such a huge amount of time she is offering to spend with my girls. She's incredible. 
I have wanted this for so long and I am beyond excited to finally be doing it!

No comments: