Saturday, July 23

4 months

4 months already?! Craziness.
(w)(m)

My mom and I took the girls to their 4 month check-up on Wednesday. Here are their stats...

Wrigley:
Weight: 14lbs 1oz (49th percentile)
Height: 26 inches (94th percentile)
Head: 16 inches (35th percentile)

Morley:
Weight: 13lbs 3oz (30th percentile)
Height: 26 inches (94th percentile)
Head: 16 inches (35th percentile)

I look forward to their check ups and I dread their check ups. I get so excited to see how much they've grown but I absolutely hate that they have to get shots. It breaks my heart! :( My mom and I decided next time we are sending Jeff & Marshall to their check up. ;)

Dr. Cherrington said the girls are doing really well! He actually said they're a little ahead of where they should be. He said twins are usually a little bit behind in hitting all their milestones and things and usually take about 6 months to start catching up to other babies, but he said our girls are doing things a 5 or 6 month old does. They are very active! I'm afraid we are going to have our hands full when they become mobile.

They are at such a fun age right now. I'm loving watching them discover new things every day.

*They are both such smiley little things! They used to just smile at everyone but just the last few weeks they've started having a little bit of stranger anxiety. Especially Morley. If someone picks her up that she's not sure she knows, her little pouty lip comes out and she starts crying. If Jeff or I are holding her though, she's usually fine to smile at other people. Wrigley doesn't really cry if she doesn't know someone but she will study someone for quite a while before she decides it's okay to smile at them.

*They are both rolling over! They both rolled over from tummy to back first and a few days later rolled from back to tummy. Both times they did it for the first time on the same day!

*They both laughed for the first time on the same day also! My new favorite sound in the world is hearing my baby's laugh!

*They get so excited to see or hear each other. Seriously, it is the cutest thing! Just today I was pumping and had Wrigley next to me in the Bumbo. Jeff was in the other room with Morley and she started fussing a little bit. Wrigley looked up to where the sound was coming from and smiled, just because she could hear her sister. It made me smile. :) They will stare at each other and smile and talk and squeal. I need to get it on video! Yesterday they were taking a nap in the crib and I was cleaning the bathroom when I heard a little giggle from their room. I thought one of them was laughing in her sleep (they do that a lot!) but a few seconds later they both started squealing. I went in there and they were both wide awake looking at each other! I love it! I hope they will always be close! :)

*They are both good sleepers! Wrigley sleeps through the night. Usually from 8:30 or 9:00 pm to about 6:30 or 7:00 am. Morley still wakes up once after about 6 or 7 hours to eat and then goes back to sleep until about the same time Wrigley wakes up. We're still working on getting a napping schedule down. They are definitely better nappers than they used to be, but it's still hit or miss.

*EVERYTHING they can get a hold of goes straight to the mouth! They are starting to love playing with toys and I love it even more because it keeps them entertained for a little while! They both suck/chew on their hands constantly and are sooooo slobbery! Wrigley just recently started sucking on her thumb. But she sucks on it sideways! She's such a goof!

*These girls wake up so happy!! I'm not a big fan of early mornings but having two adorable little faces smiling up at you makes being up at the crack of dawn a tiny bit easier!

I can't put into words how much I love my little girls! Jeff & I both feel so lucky to be their parents!

Oh! I almost forgot! We finally got the results from the pathology lab. There was only one placenta! They are for sure identical!

2 comments:

Jaime Stephens said...

Oh my goodness there adorable and that's fun you got the placenta tested so fun and so crazy to have identical twins! My favorite public thing is that people always ask if ours are identical :).

We have our appt tomorrow I'm excited for the weighing and not the shots I'm pretty sure both babies aren't as big as your girls though.

I love your updates I feel like I could copy and paste it to my blog.. That's so cute and crazy the rolled the same day though! Brylee was 2 1/2 months when she started and banning just barely did 2 or 3 weeks ago!

Sorry longest comment ever

Amy Nielson said...

I think that picture of the 2 of them is my all-time favorite!!! So freakin adorable!! AH, I miss those girls so much!! Fun to hear about all the cute things they are doing. They are growing too fast!!