Monday, July 20

This year in Chicago...

...we stayed at Jeff's grandparents lake house on Lake Holiday.


...we went fishing at the dam.


...we watched the COOLEST firework show ever in my life from the boat in the middle of the lake.

...we skied in the rain.

...Mandy got to come out for a few days.

...we went to an animal show.

...we did the HOLY TRINITY only one time.
Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

Dessert:

...we taught Mandy how to wakeboard.


...Jeff & I tandem wakeboarded. First we tried with Jeff strapped into the board & me standing in front, but couldn't stand up.


Then we tried with me hanging onto the back of Jeff & popped up easy.


...we rode the train into the city.


...we went to the top of the Sears Tower.





...we saw a Sears Tower statue made out of legos.

...we went to a Cubs game.




...we taught Mandy how to ski.


...I caught lightning bugs.

...we found a giant handicapped parking spot.

...we skied lots.







...Jeff mowed the grass.

...we tubed.



...I got a nice tan :)

...we went skiing with Jeff's friends on the Illinois River.



...we wakeboarded.





...we saw Ice Age 3.

...we drove to see the Chicago Temple in the middle of the night because I had never seen it.


...we took the kids to swim at the dam.






...Kobe swam with us.

...we ate lots of good food!


















...I think I gained 15 pounds.

...we went fishing at a cute little pond by Bruce & Tiffany's new house.





...Dean & Deanna tried tandem wakeboarding with Deanna strapped to the board. Then Deanna & Nathan tried. No luck.





...Jeff & I tried tandem wakeboarding again, but with me strapped in.

My arms felt like they were being ripped out of the sockets.

...Mike paid Jeremy & Jenny $20 to each eat a blazin' hot wing.



...we had such a great time! The trip went by way too fast.

6 comments:

Caitlin said...

I love it that you guys made it to every fast food place in existence :) I can't believe you guys are back already. I wish we could have stayed longer. Cute pictures!!! Can't wait to see you guys when we get back in town.

Denise and Brandon said...

You guys did ALL the fun stuff. We just missed you guys. Wish we could have met you. Let me have your email address. I'll invite you to our blog. dw2dance@yahoo.com What's Jenny up to these days? Where is she at?

Julie said...

Looks like tons of fun!!

Natalie said...

That looks like tons of fun! Is Mandy dating Jeff's brother?

Meghan said...

Oh I'm so glad Jeff traded James in for you on the whole tandem wakeboarding thing. ;) I'm sure you've seen those pictures and if not? You have to! Looks like a full trip... we get our turn out there in a couple weeks. So excited!

Heather Strong said...

That looks like so much fun! I love just the short little explanations - that's what I should start doing. We are going out there in August but I am super sad that all of you guys won't be out there! Maybe next summer you will all have to tell us when you'll be there and we'll come, too =) Wear that 15 pounds with pride ha ha!